Friday, August 30, 2013

Purple & Gold Look for Fall

Disclaimer: First, I should apologize for the lighting on these photos. I'm working with a few different lights to get a light spectrum closest to the sun. Unfortunately that isn't going to happen tonight. I have hayfever like crazy right now, hence the red eyes. 

Having said that, I loved this look for fall so much that I had to share. In person the purples are much deeper than they look in the photos. But you can see the contrast enough to make sharing them worth while. 

For the eyes: I used a Nyx HD shadow base and laid Mary-Lou Manizer on my bottom lid and just beneath my brows. For the mid-shade I used Elf's ED01. It's a cool-toned beautiful plum color. For the outer corners of my lids and my crease I used Urban Decay's Frigid. It's a dark very-blue shade of purple. My brows were done with my ELF eyebrow kit in Ash. I used Urban Decays Crash (a deep eggplant color with gold shimmer) to line my upper water line and about 1/3 of the bottom water line. The other 2/3s were lined with Urban Decays Eldorado, a stunning bright gold color. As the highlight tone on the center of my lid I used a shimmery gold tone from the Nyx Natural palette and topped it off with my Covergirl Lashblastvolume mascara. I'd have put on false lashes but have no glue at the moment. My lips are Nyx butter gloss in Creme Brulee. My foundation is Revlon Colorstay in Ivory. My bronzer is Urban Decay's Baked, and my blush is Bare Minerals blush/luminizer in The One/The Love Affair. Oh, and my highlight is Benefit's Sunbeam. Everything is set with Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray.

Overall it's a stunning playful look for date night or to commune with the long fall nights that stretch into winter. And I promise to sort out the lighting and camera situation very soon. In the meantime? Thanks for reading, and stay beautiful! xoxox





No comments:

Post a Comment