Monday, August 19, 2013

DIY Pore Strips - These Work!

When I first saw this video, I was leery. Does this really work? The strips you buy at the store are hugely expensive. And because of this I stopped buying them years ago. I need a product like this, however. I have blackheads on my nose and chin. And even with a steady routine of daily clarisonic cleansing and a deep pore cleansing toner, they just won't budge.

I went to the grocery store. On the bottom shelf, beneath the droves of flavored jello, I saw the unflavored gelatin. This recipe was so easy my five-year-old could do it. A tablespoon of milk, a tablespoon of gelatin and 10 seconds in the microwave. I used an artist's brush and painted it on my nose and chin where I needed it the most. Another benefit to this recipe is that you dictate where the product goes, not the predetermined shape of a pore strip.

So I tried not to faint from the nasty smell (like a dirty crotch smell!) and painted it on and waited ten minutes for it to dry. Then the fun part - the reveal. And this worked! I was able to admire the gross blackheads that came out of my face and feel the gratifying peeling off of dead skin.

Bottom Line: The cost of the gelatin was $1.30. I already had the milk. And it worked!
Would I Do It Again?: Absolutely!

Another alternative for anyone not wanting to use the gelatin?

After I wash my face in the morning, I dry with a washcloth and then put a thin layer of Elmer's glue on my nose and chin (where I have tenacious blackheads). I let it dry (it takes about 10 minutes) and then peel the glue off. It's amazing, but this actually works! Not to mention that a bottle of glue costs $1 and will last you for months. A little bit goes a long way. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment