Friday, August 2, 2013

L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur Review



For the sake of transparency, I'll start this by saying I've used this product one time. There was a sample in my magazine. I thought I'd try it today and see if it was something I'd be interested in buying.

The ad claims: "Miracle Blur instantly erases the look of lines, wrinkles and pores. Skin instantly looks and feels smooth, leaving a velvet-soft matte finish that lasts all day."

When you squeeze the stuff out of the tub it looks like wax. In fact the entire experience was very Madame Toussaude for me. It looks and feels like you're rubbing a wax mask over your face. At first I was surprised by how bright my skin was. It's still my skin, with its spots, wrinkles and pores. It just looked ...younger and brighter. And matte. It doesn't have a greasy look to it. If we could have stopped there, I would have run out and bought it already.

But... and I hate that there's a down side to this. The stuff feels heavy on my face. Greasy, heavy, waxy. I didn't use a whole lot of product, but I can't stand to touch my face right now. It's slimy feeling. Even when I try to rub it off, it still feels gross. The longer I wear it the more exaggerated that icky feeling is. And the pores on my nose hurt, which is strange. When I'm done posting this, I'm going to go try to wash this stuff off.

In theory, this product is amazing. In practice? This just feels yucky. I don't even want to put makeup on over the top. I'm worried it will feel like sleeping under 10 quilts.

Grade: D
Would I buy it?: Nope, no way.

PS & Update: I went to wash this stuff off of my face, and couldn't bring myself to do it. My skin looks too good with this stuff on it. I took some mineral powder and dusted it on and then blended. I took some bronzer, blush and highlighter and contoured my face. This is the face I remember from my youth. My makeup hasn't looked this good since my wedding. I'm reserving my grade and judgement of this stuff until I can get a quality primer and try that. I'm not sure if this amazing face is because of this particular product or by virtue of using a primer (which I haven't done yet. YET.). And if it is this stuff that makes me look so much more vibrant, can I tolerate how it feels on my skin? I'll report back ASAP.

Wow, what a journey I'm on!

No comments:

Post a Comment