Sunday, November 3, 2013

It's Potent! Eye Cream by Benefit: Review

Price: $34.00/0.5oz 

From their website: "It's potent! eye cream fades dark circles & helps smooth fine lines for brighter, younger-looking eyes. Contains a peptide complex known to help restore elasticity & firmness, a blend of hydrating botanical extracts and loquat extract, known to help protect the skin from free radical damage."

My experience using this product: Let me start by saying that I ordinarily use a very nice anti-aging eye serum by Racinne as well as a moisturizing eye cream by Olay every day and night. I have seen results with those products and am happy with them. However, I came across this product via Sephora and was intrigued. "It's brightening!" they said. "It's anti-aging!" they said. "You'll hear the angels singing every time you open the adorable lid!" Alright, so nobody said that. But I trusted the brand and thought they'd deliver. I paid a huge sum of money for a tiny bit of product. The first morning I used it, all of the skin on my eyes peeled. Yes, Peeled. I hoped it was a good sign, even though secretly that freaked me out. Because there was no need nor reason for my skin to be peeling. And the skin underneath was no younger, fresher or brighter than the skin that sloughed off. Creepy. Then two days later I got a huge zit on my upper eye. No brow plucking, no new products or any changes. Except for using this stuff. But I stuck with it because at $68,00/oz this stuff has to work. Right? Right?!

Bottom Line: After a month there is absolutely no difference in the color/hue/condition of the skin on/around my eyes. This stuff is no more effective than an Olay eye cream and caused me continuous eye irritation and breakouts. I feel duped, fandangled, taken, had. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. 

Would I Repurchase?: I wouldn't use this stuff again if Benefit sent me a jar for free. Not a repurchase for me. Your mileage may vary.


No comments:

Post a Comment