Friday, October 18, 2013

Ipsy Bag: October 2013

This Month's Ipsy Bag: So these are the samples from this month's Ipsy bag. I was surprised at the number of non-makeup products. My mis-understanding was that Ipsy was a makeup sample service. Having said that, even the non-makeup samples I received were pleasant and enjoyable. I have no real duds in the bunch. And a few new faves. Read on to learn more.



 
I think this bag is super simple and super adorable. The quote is right on, and I have replaced the EcoBeauty makeup bag in my puse with this.

Zoya Nail Polish in Giovanna
This color puts the E in Emerald. It is incredibly pigmented and the color itself just blows my mind. Zoya is a quality brand and long-wearing. I'm planning on picking up the other shades in their fall collection as well.

Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly
It makes my lips tingle, like most plumping lip glosses. But I haven't noticed any actual plumping going on. Having said that, Dolly is a subtle and beautiful shade and I will enjoy wearing this in the days and weeks to come.

Big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel
I have never been a fan of hair gel. Every time I used it, my hair felt brittle and sticky. So I stuck to hairspray and mousse for styling. Then Ipsy sent a sample of this gel to me this month and I knew I had to try it. Pair that with my pursual of my own criteria for a polished look, and wanting to start showering in the morning and blow drying my hair and ...voila! Perfect opportunity. I shower, wrap my hair up in a towel, put on my makeup, then pour about a nickel sized amount of this gel onto my palm and work it from the roots down to the tips of my hair, rub some of my India Oil into the ends of my hair, and then blow my hair out with my round brush. Talk about pleasant surprise. My hair is shiny, it's soft, it looks polished all day and it holds any style I put it into better than ever. I'm a convert. What can I say?

LA Fresh Eco Beauty Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes
I'll be honest, these weren't my favorite wipes. Sure, they do the job. But the smell is strong and they're just okay. I'll stick with my Neutrogena wipes. Not much else to say.

Be Delectable from cakebeauty Ultra Nourishing Hand Creme in Vanilla & Creme

Ipsy sent me the Vanilla & Creme sample of this lotion in my bag this month. Let me start by saying that I'm extremely particular when it comes to hand creams. I have insanely dry skin on my hands and my cuticles split all of the time. So it's like a life's mission to find the perfect hand lotion. My favorite is still my CrabTree & Evelyn lotions, but this Be Delectable is what I'm keeping in my purse for now. To start, the smell is mouthwatering. It literally smells like I just rubbed cake all over my hands. Something about baked goods is very fall for me, so it works perfectly right now. It soaks into the skin quickly enough that I'm not rubbing and rubbing my hands together for an hour trying to get the lotion in. And it leaves my hands smooth and soft. It really is a quality hand lotion. And this week, it's been all that I've used. Maybe it's the smell, I don't know. But it makes me so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment