Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sweater Collar Confusion DeMystified

I've been searching for a nice cowl-necked off-the-shoulder sweater for this fall. Victoria Secrets sells them, but they cost an arm and a leg. And during my search I was struck by the variety of collar types on sweaters. Because I'll never remember any of this, I thought I'd put a post here to refer to later. Without further ado...

A Cowl-Neck Sweater
 A Crew-Neck Sweater
 Mock Turtle-Neck Sweater: a popular style, classic and beautiful. The neckline is narrow enough to lie flat against the neck, while still maintaining a comfortable fit.
 Shawl Collar Pull-Over Sweater: has a distinctive cross-over style of neckline. This neckline is luxuriously warm, and very distinctive when worn
 Shirt Collar Sweater: most often emmulated with a button-up shirt under a crew-neck sweater with the collar open and laying on top.
 Stand Up Collar Sweater: also called the "Jackie Kennedy collar", is a modified version of a mock turtleneck neckline. It is higher, wider and more shallow than a mock turtleneck, and instead of hugging the neck the way a mock turtleneck will do, it stands up and away from the neck. This is a very fashionable design feature.
 Turtle Neck Sweater
 Standard V-Neck Sweater
 Boat-Neck Sweater
I'm sure I missed something. I'll update as I find more sweater/collar types. Feel free to post more varieties I haven't mentioned in the comment section below. Thank you for your time, and stay beautiful (and warm this fall)! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment