Friday, October 11, 2013

Five Things Friday

It's Friday already?! This whole week, but particularly today, was crazy and hectic. We had installers at the house for hours today, my husband was home early from work and my kids were pure energy. So I'm sorry this post is a little later than usual, but I'm happy to finally be able to share. Everything on this list are products that I've been using and loving this week. More than anything else I own. I hope you enjoy. Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest to see where I gather my own style inspiration, and on Facebook and Twitter for an in-depth look at my daily comings and goings.

1. Lorac Pro Palette
The shadows in this palette are creamy, insanely pigmented, and last all day. What more do you need to know? It's been a party ever since this palette arrived in the mail. I've tried new looks every day with only this palette. It seems like the possibilities are endless on what looks someone could achieve. The only drawback? The shimmery champagne color laid glitter all over my face. I wasn't expecting that. But I'm learning how to dial it back when using the shimmers and have no other complaints. Love!

2. OPI's Razzle Dazzle
This is a quality, glossy, deep and basic black polish. Why do I love it so much? Now that fall has arrived my nail art has taken a turn toward the darker shades. And what better way to achieve a sultry look than to use a black basecoat? It doesn't chip for days and the color is true and deep. I've worn this polish (in my nail art) more than any other color I own this week.

3. Stila's Stay All Day Lipstick
This lipstick goes on smooth and dries matte. Yes, it has a drying effect on my lips. But the color is INSANE. It's one of those shades of red that flatter any skin tone and the color lasts for ages. Alright, maybe not all day. But it does last for hours. And when you're busy with kids and life - you need a lip that lasts.

4. Folle de Joie Eau de Parfume
I received this fragrance as a sample in this month's Birchbox. And it never gets boring. When I first sprayed it on, the fragrance was very feminine and classic. A citrus undertone with a white floral high note. I'd be working on dinner or moving around the house and catch the scent and smile. And then the fragrance changed, the fragrance notes melded into something new. Something like a cotton candy high note (very very subtle) with a honey base note. And the best part? The fragrance's potency didn't fade! Why spend a bunch of money on a fragrance that only lasts for twenty minutes? Not anymore, this is a quality product with a very beautiful smell.

5. Maybelline's New York Line Stiletto Precision Liquid Eyeliner
Liquid liner can be challenging, at best. And while I love a felt-tip liner, most forumulas tend to fade on my oily eyelids. But not this one. I can lay it on in the morning and be confident it will be there when it's time for bed. Long lasting makeup is important to me, and that's why I love this stuff. Not to mention the deep black pigmentation and smooth application. I've been rocking this liner for days, and I see no end in sight to this trend.


Have any Friday Favorites of your own, or recommendations for products to try? I'd love to hear them. Post in the comments below and share your wares.

Thanks for your time, and stay beautiful! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment