Friday, October 18, 2013

Birchbox: October 2013

So this is the contents of my Birchbox for October 2013. I have found some of my new favorite things, and some things - not so much. I was shorted a sample this month, and immediately emailed Birchbox about it.  On my list of samples there's a 2-pack of muslin clothes listed as one of my sample. I never received them. My response from Birchbox was that the one muslin cloth that came with the Liz Earle cleanser was the extra sample. Which makes no sense. The cleanser should have come with one cloth or how could it be called a hot cloth cleanser? The extra clothes should have been added, or I should have been given another sample. Not happy about it, but the situation speaks more to Birchbox and their customer service than it does about me. I did receive a "Birchbox Find" this month, so at least there were five things in my box this month. Read on to learn more.

Miss Jessie's Original Creme de la Creme Conditioner
I haven't tried this conditioner yet, and the sample is a foil packet with maybe two uses in it. I'll try it and report back to you, but it's hard to make an honest and informed opinion with such a small sample. To top it off, the marketing literature for this conditioner is how great it is for curly hair. Which I don't have, and never have had and that's clearly marked on my Birchbox profile. So, not exactly sure why I received this sample. But I love healthy hair, and am happy to try a new conditioner so I can pass on a thumbs up or down to you here.

Folle de Joie Eau de Parfume
Oh good Lord in Macon, Georgia do I love this smell. I talked about it at length in last weeks Five Things Friday, so I won't go into it at depth here. I save the sample for special occasions because a bottle of this perfume will set you back $98. But if money started pouring out of my ears, this would be my smell. My signature, every day, all the way smell. Love it!

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser & Muslin Cloth
This is another product from my box that is quickly on it's way to becoming a holy grail for me. I talked about it at length in this weeks Five Things Friday so I won't get too much into it here. It's gentle, it works, it hydrates and it's natural. What else do you need? (Maybe a smaller price tag, for us average humans. But I'm saving up my Birchbox points to buy the full size when my sample runs out.)

Pop Beauty Aqua Lacquer in Floating Rose
 
This lacquer has the same exact feel and texture as Urban Decay's Lip Love Honey-Infused Lip Therapy. In the beginning, the texture is thick, silky and wonderful. If you don't like heavy, coated lips, steer clear of this. But then something happens, the product wears off or is absorbed and you're left with gritty lips. The glitter flakes are so big and coarse that you can't rub your lips together without feeling like you took a face plant into a sand bank. I'm using mine, mostly to use it up. This lip lacquer is something I won't be purchasing.

Chapstick Hydration Lock & $1 Off Coupon
This was Birchbox's "find" for the month. At first it reminded me very much of my Nivea A Kiss of Lip Balm. Which is one of my favorite things. The difference is that this product wears off twice as fast as the Nivea balm and leaves a waxy residue once that happens. My husband loves it, so I'm grateful for that. I'll give him the coupon and let him buy himself some more. For me? Not bad, but also not my favorite.

Despite the missing sample, I was happy with my box this month. I found some things I love, and some things to use and a curly-haired conditioner that makes me wonder if they're paying any attention. Regardless, I'm happy to have a subscription to their service.



No comments:

Post a Comment