Friday, November 22, 2013

Five Things Friday 11-22-13

I have spent all morning watching a 24-hour music video and dancing all around the house. I can't stop smiling, and I love it!  So this week? Snow, mommy groups, volunteering at the kiddos classrooms, and Christmas shopping. Overall - a great week. When our daughter was born we had a bunch of people give us little girls clothes. So I haven't had to shop for clothes from her since she was born. Today? I bought her a bunch of super adorable outfits. It's a beautiful feeling, I'm grinning from ear to ear. I hope that everyone out there reading this is smiling to, because it feels so good.  This week was also the first week of my health-program. While I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing right now other than weighing myself and writing down what I eat, but I'm still super excited that we've finally gotten started. Bring on the healthier new me! So now for our favorite part, my five favorite things from this week.

1. Chai Spice Tea from Stash
I am a tea junkie, through and through. Sometimes I like a little something different than just the English breakfast teas I drink. I thought a spicy chai tea would be perfect for this time of year. Normally I'd buy a Tazo tea, but the Stash brand tea was sitting right next to it on the shelf and was half the price. So I figured, why not? I love this stuff. It's delicious and not bitter at all. I stir in a teaspoon or two of sugar and top it off with a splash of milk. All week I've had a cup of tea in my hands almost constantly.

2. Freeman's Cucumber Peel Face Mask
This face mask was in my grocery store next to the body sprays, and on sale. I love a peel-off mask. They always feels so cleansing. I love this mask because it doesn't dry me out, gets a lot of gunk off of my face and is just plain old fun. The best part? I think I paid $4 for the bottle.

3. Raw Honey
I posted a few weeks ago that I was learning about using raw honey as a face wash and had ordered some. Well, this is the brand that I ordered (from Amazon) and have been using. And I love it! At first I was worried that it would break me out, but that hasn't happened. My skin feels hydrated and calm, almost like the honey is helping to repair the acid mantle on my skin. I haven't had any new breakouts, and my rosacea looks almost non-existent right now. I'm loving the feeling this leaves my skin with and will continue to use it. It's hard to explain what that feels like. Not sticky, not oily ...just soft and ...healthy? I'm honestly not trying to silly. It's just hard to explain. Raw honey is unlike any face wash I've used before. Sometimes I'll blend in the WEN polmegranate exfoliating powder to really scrub the pours. It's a great combination because the viscosity of the honey keeps the powder from irritating my face. I will definitely continue using this stuff for my face. And as a bonus? My kiddos love to eat it!

4. Bodycology Body Spray

What can I say? I love a good body spray. Last weekend we went shopping and I picked up the Sweet Love and Blackberry Vanilla sprays from Bodycology. I prefer the smell of Sweet Love, but it doesn't last as long as the Blackberry Vanilla. Every time I use the restroom, after my shower, or before I go to bed, I reach for one or both of these sprays. I just love them! (And I'm not spending a fortune on expensive perfumes constantly.)

5. Bee Kind Body Lotion
This was a sample I received in this month's Birchbox. For a more in-depth review, you can check out my review of the box from earlier. I will say that my cuticles haven't split, not even once, since I started using this stuff every night before bed. In the winter months, when the air is so dry, honey is the best remedy. I love this lotion, the texture, the smell, and especially what it does for my always-dry-and-cracked hands. 

I hope you found a few things to try and love. Thank you for your time, stay beYOUtiful, and have a stellar week this coming week!

- Becky xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment