Friday, December 13, 2013

Five Things Friday 12-13-13

Welcome back, darlin, to another weekly installment of Five Things Friday. It's the most magical time of the year! I was just telling my kiddos that I wish there was a Christmas every month. Not because of the presents, but because everyone is so bright and loving and we get to spend extra time together as a family. Not much going on here besides the usual hustle and bustle of shopping, wrapping and packing for trips. Onto the fun stuff...

1. Revlon 'Cherries in the Snow' Nail Polish


I've taken a break from artistic manicures for a few days this week, and instead I've been rocking this cool-toned red nail. I've had the polish for at least a year and was worried the formula would be goopy or dried out. Not at all, it went on as smooth as the day I bought it and has lasted for four days without chipping. Amazing, and the perfect color for the holidays. I'm going to do a gold metallic tip on it tomorrow and see how it looks. If I like it, I'll add it to our Mani Monday lineup.

2. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette



I hate feeling like I'm being cliche when I include this in my list. It's brand new and everyone is going nuts about it. I ordered mine from Sephora and have been playing with it ever since. It's on the list because I'm loving the rose-toned color palette on my face. It's just the beginning of a long and beautiful relationship.

3. Dr. Jarts Premium BB Cream



I haven't met a Dr. Jart's product that I haven't loved. Birchbox was selling a sampler set of all four of the Dr. Jart BB creams for the same price I'd pay for one of them. So I've tried them all out and the premium variety is definitely my favorite. It goes on smooth, evens my skin tone, hydrates my skin and gives me a healthy inner-lit glow. What else could I ask for? I will say that the coverage is pretty sheer. There's enough pigmentation to balance the look of my skin, but that's it. And there are plenty of days when I'll choose health and vita-goodies for my skin over full coverage.

4. Rimmel's Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner



I have a drawer full of eyeliners, but when it comes time for me to line my water line, I reach for Rimmel's Scandaleyes every time. They're hugely pigmented, the formula is creamy and they last a long time. Slowly but surely I'm acquiring every color in the line.

5. Home Roasted Coffee



For a long time I was exclusively drinking tea. We have roasted our own coffee beans for a long time, and I knew they were good, but I just had a hankering for tea. And then I started craving the deep carmely richness of a good cup of coffee. I drink upward of 2 cups a day. Our favorite beans are the Yergacheffe and the Columbian. If you have never roasted your own beans, do yourself a favor and try it. It makes Starbucks laughable. I never knew coffee tasted like fruit and flowers, chocolate and caramel until I roasted and brewed a fresh cup on my own.

Bonus: Customized and Free Santa Video for Your Kids


http://www.portablenorthpole.com/home  I found this site last year and made a video for my twin boys. This year a friend reminded me of it and I made videos for all three kids. We've watched them all twice. It's magical, and the kids wave and answer Santa. If you have children, do them a favor and check out this site. The videos are worth the five minutes it takes to set up, and then some.

That's it for me this week. I hope you found a few new favorite things of your own. I'd love to hear what some of your are loving. Feel free to share your wares in the comments below.
We're coming up on Christmas, and my family will be travelling for most of the holidays. If my posts are irregular, please accept my apology and understand that internet access isn't always going to be possible. I hope each and every one of you has a bright, blessed and safe Christmas. We'll chat again before the new year.

Thank you for your time, and stay beYOUtiful! 

- Becky xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment