Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Ipsy: December 2013

December was another great month for Ipsy. There were brands I knew, and brands I didn't. There was only one product that didn't knock my socks off, and even that I think I can make work. Versus the other subscription service that I have, Ipsy is winning the competition by a mile.

The December Bag

A beautiful glossy black textured bag with a bright red liner. This makeup bag is the perfect size for any purse and conveys class and refinement. Love the sassy splash of color inside. 

Pop Beauty: Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio - Naturally Bare
I wasn't sure about this little trio the first time I saw it. All of the shades are shimmer, and I always use a matte in the crease. I gave these shadows a whirl and have put together a few really classic, really beautiful looks. In fact, I almost brought this trio with me for Christmas vacation as my sole eyeshadow pallet. In the end, the lack of a matte shade deterred my doing so. But the shadows are creamy, they blend well and the colors are timeless.

Be A Bombshell: The One Stick - Flustered
This product is a fantastic, multipurpose idea. One product to do both your lips and cheeks. My only problem was the color. A little product goes a long way, the color is insanely pigmented and bright, and I'm still working to not look like I've just had a wild romp in the sack after I use it. 

Mirabella: Eye Blender Brush
I've never heard of Mirabella brushes before. But I was elated that Ipsy put a brush in my bag. Like most makeup junkies, I can never have enough brushes. This is a very soft, very effective blending brush. The handle is metal and long, and looks sleek. I'll be checking into other Mirabella brushes in the near future.

Nicka K. New York: Nail Color - Classic Taupe
Another brand I know nothing about. I was so excited to see the classic taupe shade in my bag. I've been on the market for the perfect taupe nail for this season, and getting this in my Ipsy bag just made the decision for me. I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of the polish. It goes on smooth, it's very opaque and one coat was enough for me. I've had it on my nails since Saturday with one coat of top coat in the interim and only minimal chipping. Very impressive.

NYX: Extra Creamy Round Lipstick - Iced Honey
This is the product I struggled with, not because of the lipstick itself but because of the color they sent me. Holy frosty lipstick, Batman! The shade I received is sheer in application, thankfully, so I can lay it over another color for a frosted effect that isn't late-90s looking. Tis the season, and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment