Thursday, December 26, 2013

Birchbox: December 2013

This month's Birchbox was disappointing at best. If you're considering subscribing to this service, take a look at the contents of my box and decide for yourself if it's worth the $10 or not. So much for the sparkle, the shine, and the season of giving. In my book - a hair tie and two travel-sized wipes (I've already been given in another Birchbox) is strike one. Two more boxes like this and I'm out of here.


No new favorite things for me this month. Read on for my thoughts on the products I received in December's box.

Beauty Protector: Protect & Detangle
My favorite thing about this detangler is the smell. It's clean and familiar, I really like it. As for performance, this product works just fine. But so do other less expensive detanglers. It leaves a coating on the hair that makes my hair look stringy by day two. Not something I'd repurchase.

The Honest Company Winter Wellness Exclusive Kit: Healing Balm
The ingredients list for this healing balm is awesome. It's chock full of essential oils that I know have amazing healing properties. The consistency, however, is exactly like lanolin. That stuff they get from sheeps' wool and women put on their nipples after breastfeeding to prevent cracking? I had to put it on my cuticles and rub it in for half an hour and then put on lotion and rub some more to get it to soak in. Who's got that kind of time? Not practical, not something I would repurchase.

LA FRESH: Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes
This is the second time I've received these wipes as a sample in my Birchbox. I wasn't impressed then, I'm not impressed now. They take off makeup. So do a dozen other makeup removing wipes, at a fraction of the cost. Don't insult me with this fluff, Birchbox.

twistband: Hairband
And to top it off they throw in a hair tie and call it a day. Seriously? You can buy these things for $2 from Sephora. They don't even stay in well. I can't wear them when I hike, workout or run. You wasted an entire sample slot on one hair tie?

LAQA & CO Fat Lip Pencil: Ring of Fire
I just didn't like this product. It wasn't opaque, the formula was greasy and bled, and the color was a bright red. Which doesn't look good coming from a lip balm-esque product in stick form. Not something I would repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment